Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dog gone Model

Well I think that it is really true, dogs do not make the best scarf models.

With that said, it is a great scarf. Soft and squishy. I think that anything knit with roving is going to be squishy and as soft as the roving is. I drafted the roving to about index finger width. That is my index finger, approx. 3/8 to 1/2 inches. You must be gentle in the knitting. It is possible to pull it a part. But after it is knit it is much stronger. I would have no worries about it coming a part. It may snag however.

Thinking about an idea for a knit roving and spun yarn hat. It would be soft squishy and warm. Work on that after Christmas.

I still have one project to finish before Christmas. It is the secret for my daughter who got the "coveted coupon" last Christmas for a knit garment of her choice. The problem is that she didn't choose, so in November I chose. It is a cabled vest from Vogue Knitting Fall 2010, knit in Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky, cream. What isn't to like? Knits like a dream and feels like butter.




No comments:

Post a Comment