Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crochet?!?!?





This past week I took a beginning crochet class from Becky, the Crochet Mistress. She is zergoot. It was so much fun to try something different. So I practiced on a rectangle, back and forth with single , half double and double crochet. It got to be kind of boring. But you know me, there are times when I get bored easily.

Thought that I would try something else. Picked out a handspun yarn and tried to decide if you started a hat from the top down or the bottom up. Thought top down was the way to go. And so I went. And now I would like to unveil my first ever crocheted hat. Tadaaaaaaaaaaa.




I like it. What do you think? My sweet Paul says that an artist needs a floppy hat. Don't know if this is large on the floppy scale. But, it will work.

..................................

Now, I will go dye some more roving. I'm off to Harveyville this weekend for a spinning class with Jacey Boggs of Insabordiknits. What great fun that will be. I'll let you know how it was. Pics and all.

Shall I take my hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment